1. R.L Stine Story Club Podcast
R. L. Stine Story Club has a collection of podcasts designed for ages 8 and up. The episodes are stand alone. Ariel Winter (from Modern Family) is the narrator (club president) and there are more than 20 episodes for your students to enjoy. Click here to be directed to related educator resources (discussion questions and activities) from GoKidGo.
2. Short Stories
Spooky short stories are always a hit! These are some favorites!
- The Landlady (Roald Dahl)
- Masque of the Red Death (Edgar Allan Poe)
- Sound of Thunder (Ray Bradbury)
- Bottle Imp (Robert Louis Stephenson)
- The Tell-Tale Heart (Edgar Allan Poe)
- The Monkey’s Paw (WW Jacobs)
- The Babysitter (from Things That Go Bump In the Night by Jane Yolen)
- Click-clack the Rattlebag (Neil Gaiman)
- All In A Summer’s Day (Ray Bradbury)
- The Mortal Immortal (Mary Shelley)
Click here and scroll down to the Edgar Allan Poe poem “The Raven” read by Christopher Walken.
A terrific, informative video lasting approximately 8 minutes is “Beyond Belief Fact or Fiction–Blood Bank.” Click here for the Blood Bank video.
Your students might enjoy the video of How Candy Corn is Made from the Food Network. Of course bringing a Candy Corn treat will help make this a winner with your kids!
4. War of the Worlds Creating Fake News!
Fake news is not new! Students listen to War of the World (click here) Working in groups, have your students create a fake news story that would be applicable for today!
Resources for Middle School You Might Want for Halloween from Reading Specialty
Click on the title below to be redirected to the resource on Teachers Pay Teachers.